How to Create an Emotionally Resonant Nonprofit Organization
What is emotional competence, and how does it differ from emotional intelligence? How can you become an emotionally competent nonprofit leader? Emotionally competent leaders are attuned to the emotional climate of the office and know how to manage their emotions and the emotions of others toward a common purpose.
Your staff want to feel like their voices are heard. They want their issues to be acknowledged and integrated into your organization’s processes and strategies.
How can you become a “life coach” for your staff? How can you act so they will feel like you are concerned about and attentive to their more holistic needs? How can you detect and attune to the emotional receptor among your staff or board members? How can you handle difficult employees when you’d honestly rather lie down in a hot bed of tar than listen to them for five minutes? How can you get your main points across to others in your organization without alienating them or making them feel like you’re being overbearing or insensitive? How can you detect the pendulum swing between submissive and aggressive in both others and yourself? In this session, Dr. Anthony Silard will help you discover how to earn the respect of others by refining your skills at listening with empathy and leading with your authentic voice.
Session Learning Objectives
Participants will be able to:
- identify how nonprofit leaders can differentiate their expression of positive and negative emotions based on the target of those emotions;
- discuss how to express negative emotions in ways that generate positive organizational outcomes;
- discern the socio-functional purpose of negative emotions;
- understand how nonprofit leaders can express positive emotions without losing follower perceptions of their authenticity; and,
- identify the psychological bases of various leadership styles.
The seminar will be held on Thursday, May 20, 2021.
You will receive two GrantStation emails:
1. A copy of your paid invoice
2. A confirmation email for the seminar with the login credentials
If you do not receive the confirmation email within 48 hours of registering, please email or call 1-877-784-7268.
GrantStation does not refund registration fees. Fees may be applied to any webinar scheduled within 30 days.
All seminars are recorded.
Anthony holds a Ph.D. in leadership from IESE Business School, which he received with First-Class/Excellent Distinction. He also holds a Master’s in Public Policy focused on leadership from Harvard University and has received two of Harvard’s most prestigious awards, the Robert F. Kennedy Public Service Award and the Manuel Carballo Memorial Award. His leadership programs have helped thousands of people in over 40 countries to create positive, breakthrough personal and social change in their lives and the lives of others.